STD are serious conditions that if not treated early may lead to chronic infections.
STDs is a serious disease have been associated with fertility problems and an increased risk of cervical cancer or other serious conditions. In every year there are new cases of infections of syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis and several STD symptoms are the same thus it’s good to seek medical advice.
Some of the most Common STDs include:
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- genital herpes
Common symptoms of STDs
The general signs and symptoms of the STD include:
- Changes in urination: commonly in women, pain or a burning sensation during urination,
- There’ presence of blood in the urine.
- Abnormal vaginal discharge is mostly seen in women
- Itching in the vaginal area
- Pain during intercourse
- Abnormal bleeding: Abnormal bleeding is another possible sign other reproductive problems from an STD.
- Rashes or sores
Prevention of STD and treatment
Only an experienced doctor will be able to establish the drug of choice and dosage of the drug and the follow-up system for you. But you need not worry since you can talk to a doctor via phone call or video call either using Skype or your WhatsApp from your home place and they will respond within the shortest time as possible.
It’s good to care for your family, thus it’s good to take certain preventive measures to avoid getting or transmitting STD and avoid the chronic outcome of STD such as infertility.
Always ensure you get tested regularly and at our clinic, we offer the test at an affordable price at your home place or workplace.
Use protection and protect your family, whether it’s for vaginal, anal, or oral sex, a condom can help protect both you and your partner and avoid transmission from one person to another. Female condoms, male condoms, and dental dams can provide a certain level of protection.
Honest communication with both your doctor and your partner about sexual history is essential.
What to do once you’ve been diagnosed
- Start any treatment your doctor prescribes for you immediately.
- Contact your partner(s) and let them know that they need to get tested and treated, too.
- Abstain from sex until your infection is either cured or until your doctor gives approval. In case of bacterial infections, you should wait until the medications have cured you and your partner.
- For viral infections, reduce the risk of infecting your partner. Your doctor will be able to give you the correct time frame and the right medications.
It‘s always good to keep a track of your health status and any symptoms, regular screening is the best for early detection of diseases signs and symptoms and for early treatment of the disease or infection. Don’t wait till a disease chronic effects are noted such as cancer or infertility always seek medical advice for a better living.